Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

Constellar Watt Lock

Go down 
AuthorMessage
axelablaze

axelablaze

Constellar Watt Lock Empty
PostSubject: Constellar Watt Lock   Constellar Watt Lock I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 am

In the current meta we all know that the Top 3 are Mermails, E-Dragons, and Prophecies. The contenders below them are Evilswarm, Goldfish Gadgets/Karakuris/Geargia, and Fire Fists. The other decks are at a free for all trying to make a name for themselves, but I think there's a deck that has potential.

Constellar Watt Lock.

At first even I was hesitant to think this deck could do anything, but then I tested it out with a bunch of key cards... and it fares pretty well. Several decks are moving away from S/T removal since the Top 3 aren't really threatened by it, so this helps to make the deck shine (light deck pun, lol).

So what can the deck do? Well, two of the key cards to face the current meta are Soul Drain and Mind Drain. Mind Drain is really key right now in facing off against E-Dragons because they're left to rely almost solely on the baby dragons as a result.

The deck is also really good at making XYZ plays using the 4 key cards of Pollux, Algiedi, Sombre, and Kaus. There's a lot of versatility here as well as speed. Shock Master plays are completely feasible in the deck. The Constellar XYZs can put in some work by themselves though. And there's a plethora of other XYZ monsters to bring out depending on the situation.

The Watts are a tech that helps add a little bit of consistency and are great to bait out traps or lock out plays by your opponent during your turn. Cobra and Giraffe are the only Watts used (in 3's) and they're great. Love making Cobra and Photon Lead plays as well for extra pluses and potential XYZ plays.

My secret weapons in this deck are going to be in another topic though where I discuss what I think are amazing traps for your main/side deck consideration. Let me know if you have any questions!
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
axelablaze

axelablaze

Constellar Watt Lock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constellar Watt Lock   Constellar Watt Lock I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I've made a few changes to the deck that have helped to make it MUCH more consistent.  First and foremost I took out the watts.  In all honesty, they weren't doing much for the deck and they were just getting run over while taking up space in the deck.  Instead I put in 2 Photon Thrashers, 2 Thunder Kings, and 1 Constellar Siat.

I also took out the Stygian Dirges and a few other cards to have 1 Heavy Storm, 2 Night Beams, and 2 PODs to help strengthen the deck (I played a Fire Fist player who played a Tenki, Bear, and 3 back rows first turn, I played Heavy Storm, and he quit right then and there).  I still have all 3 Mischief of the Yokai in the deck though because as I've said before they are too good not to run.

The deck is still playtesting really well.  I've pushed my rank up to 400 (which isn't very impressive by any means, but I've mostly been doing unrated for a long time lately), and I've successfully faced and beat Evilswarms, E-Dragons, Mermails, Fire Fists, and more.  Good times right here.
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com

Constellar Watt Lock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnarok Turbo Academy :: Academics :: Card & Deck Discussions-
Jump to: