Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread Empty
PostSubject: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Well Guys, it is January and the ban list is just around the corner. Here you can make your predictions for the ban list and give constructive criticism to others. Here is my prediction:

Forbidden:
Nothing really needs to get banned imo just yet

Limited:
Genex Undine
Wind-Up Magician
Wind-Up Factory
Dragged Down (either to 1 or to 2)
Magician of Faith (just a thought I highly doubt it but would be interesting)
Evilswarm (Verz) Ophion
Abyss-sphere
Sinister Serpent

Semi-Limited:
Miracle Fusion
Atlantean Dragoons
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Rekindling
Master Hyperion
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Evilswarm (Verz) Cercyon

Unlimited:
Summoner Monk
Back to top Go down
https://ragnarokturboacademy.forumotion.com
Codknight
Teacher
Codknight

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 pm

My only real predictions are limited: Rescue Rabbit and Mirror, and semi Magic Cylinder again
Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:07 am

Codknight wrote:
My only real predictions are limited: Rescue Rabbit and Mirror, and semi Magic Cylinder again
As much as you wish that, it will not happen. Rabbit is fine at 2, Mirr Force ehhh i doubt it but I wish, and Cylinder...nobody really uses it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Codknight
Teacher
Codknight

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am

No one good uses cylinder anymore, but that's because nobody good likes to use burn decks for the lack of skill needed, but anyone who uses a burn takes full advantage of those 3 cylinders.
Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am

Codknight wrote:
No one good uses cylinder anymore, but that's because nobody good likes to use burn decks for the lack of skill needed, but anyone who uses a burn takes full advantage of those 3 cylinders.
Even they do not do much ina regional or YCS
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Well, this would be mu choices (if konami even decides to keep the good a list going):

Forbidden:
Black Luster Soldier (too much top decking win, don't really understand it coming back game-wise in the first place other than promoting a classic set for profit)

Off The Ban List:
Thousand-Eyes Restrict (For a long long time I still don't understand why this is still being forbidden, konami? is it even a threat with all the summon negation, bounce, send and destruct we have? unlimited)

Limited:
Magician of Faith (agreed)
Wind-up Factory (agreed)
Wind-up Magician or Shark (either or)

Semi-Limited
Abyss Megalo
Lonefire Blossom
Book of Moon

Unlimited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Wall of Revealing Light

Would want:
Royal Oppression (back to even just 1)
Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Entr0py wrote:
Well, this would be mu choices (if konami even decides to keep the good a list going):

Forbidden:
Black Luster Soldier (too much top decking win, don't really understand it coming back game-wise in the first place other than promoting a classic set for profit)

Off The Ban List:
Thousand-Eyes Restrict (For a long long time I still don't understand why this is still being forbidden, konami? is it even a threat with all the summon negation, bounce, send and destruct we have? unlimited)

Limited:
Magician of Faith (agreed)
Wind-up Factory (agreed)
Wind-up Magician or Shark (either or)

Semi-Limited
Abyss Megalo
Lonefire Blossom
Book of Moon

Unlimited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Wall of Revealing Light

Would want:
Royal Oppression (back to even just 1)
BLS-EotB shoud be banned again but he won't be just yet. He is unhealthy for the game but at the current rate, he is still good for another format or 2.

You don't know why he was banned a long time ago??? -_- well I will enlighten you. View this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwElZSo5YUM So in turn, he will not get unbanned even with all of the negations, it is still a little too broken. Maybe in a few formats it could come back but I doubt it.

Magician of Faith, wind-Up Magician, and Wind-Up Factory I agree with, however, Shark will most likely go to 2.

Megalo is not the problem in the deck. He is run at 2 in majority of decks anyways. the problem is Undine, Dragoons, and Abyss-sphere. Linde not so much but she could see a semi-limit. What I think will happen is Undine to 1, Dragoons to 2, and Abyss-sphere to 1. Dragoons at 2 and Undine at 1 cause players to go through Cosmo Blazer in search of the support they are being Given. Undine's engine will not be run at all if it is at less than 2. Dragons at 2 help stop the searching a little bit and makes them replace 3 cards now, 4 after Abyss-sphere goes to 1. Abysslinde doesn't need to really get hit but she is kind of annoying with her combos. So maybe her to 2.

Lonefire Blossom won't be getting changed from where it is right now. Some wish but it most likely won't. Still a chance but most likely won't.

Book of Moon at 2... I'm sorry, do you remember the Frog Monarchs? I hope you do, that is the main reason it will not move from 1 to 2 or 3.

Gladiator Beast Bestiari should go to 2, not 3. That is pushing it a little.

Wall of Revealing Light.... it is fine where it is and is no longer run, if it goes up on the list, it will be brought back as to why it was set where it is now in the first place.

Royal Opression slows the game down wayy to much. Even to 1 it causes the game to be too slow.
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Well explained and reasonings Obsidian. Just two things to counter:

#1 Royal Oppression: may slow down the pace of the game, but it would be healthy in the long run. Last time i checked we still have plenty of backrow hate (MST, Heavy, even Fairy Wind, etc.). even at just one, it gives more rogue decks an even speed with those that can special swarm so easily. it easily counters Xyz which may be why it wont comaback in full force as Xyz are still widely promoted by konami.

#2 Thousand-Eyes Restrict: I have the card and i played it long before it was touched by the advanced list. In today's playing field Fusion summoning it takes investment card-wise and commitment first with restrict along with the idol. the effort to bring it out this way (not counting negation of summon or CED, with no priority, not even a quick effect) still has its risks. Its effect and protection is balanced by the commitment to summon it. Metamorphosis is forbidden which eliminates the easy goat-TER way. there are various cards that let it be ss'ed and use its effect only for a turn like ritual foregone, but it being special and not ritual summon makes it a one turn play to steal-destroy a monster. i miss this card and is quite balanced in this fast paced format we have of swarms, negations, pluses and looped revivals.

Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm

Entr0py wrote:
Well explained and reasonings Obsidian. Just two things to counter:

#1 Royal Oppression: may slow down the pace of the game, but it would be healthy in the long run. Last time i checked we still have plenty of backrow hate (MST, Heavy, even Fairy Wind, etc.). even at just one, it gives more rogue decks an even speed with those that can special swarm so easily. it easily counters Xyz which may be why it wont comaback in full force as Xyz are still widely promoted by konami.

#2 Thousand-Eyes Restrict: I have the card and i played it long before it was touched by the advanced list. In today's playing field Fusion summoning it takes investment card-wise and commitment first with restrict along with the idol. the effort to bring it out this way (not counting negation of summon or CED, with no priority, not even a quick effect) still has its risks. Its effect and protection is balanced by the commitment to summon it. Metamorphosis is forbidden which eliminates the easy goat-TER way. there are various cards that let it be ss'ed and use its effect only for a turn like ritual foregone, but it being special and not ritual summon makes it a one turn play to steal-destroy a monster. i miss this card and is quite balanced in this fast paced format we have of swarms, negations, pluses and looped revivals.

Valid and decent explanations, but I don't think they will come back for a long time. Still unhealthy. Someone will find a way to abuse them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread   March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 2013 Ban List Prediction Thread
Page 1 of 1