Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

Official TCG September 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Ban List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

Official TCG September 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Ban List Empty
PostSubject: Official TCG September 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Ban List   Official TCG September 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Ban List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Here are my thoughts on this list:

Quote :
Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (NEW)
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Cyber Jar
Cyber-Stein
Dark Magician of Chaos
Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
Elemental Hero Stratos
(NEW)
Fiber Jar
Fishborg Blaster
Glow-Up Bulb
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
(NEW)
Magical Scientist
Magician of Faith
Makyura the Destructor
Mind Master
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
(NEW)
Rescue Cat
Sangan
Sinister Serpent
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
(NEW)
Substitoad
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Victory Dragon
Witch of the Black Forest
Yata-Garasu

Thousand-Eyes Restrict
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Dark Strike Fighter
Goyo Guardian
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Number 16: Shock Master (NEW)
Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
Brain Control
Butterfly Dagger - Elma
Card Destruction
(NEW)
Card of Safe Return
Change of Heart
Cold Wave
Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
Dimension Fusion
Future Fusion
Gateway of the Six
(NEW)
Giant Trunade
Graceful Charity
Harpie's Feather Duster
Heavy Storm
(NEW)
Last Will
Mass Driver
Metamorphosis
Mirage of Nightmare
Monster Reborn
(NEW)
Painful Choice
Pot of Avarice
(NEW)
Pot of Greed
Premature Burial
Raigeki
Snatch Steal
Spellbook of Judgment
(NEW)
Super Rejuvenation (NEW)
Temple of the Kings
The Forceful Sentry

Crush Card Virus
Exchange of the Spirit
Imperial Order
Last Turn
Ring of Destruction
Royal Oppression
Solemn Judgment
(NEW)
Time Seal
Trap Dustshoot
Ultimate Offering
(NEW)
The Dragon Rulers made were not intended on them being a deck, only attribute support. Banning Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks, Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts, Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles, and Stream, Dragon Ruler of Dropplets was a good idea to make sure the deck is not around. Unfortunately, Dragon Ruler Plant is going to be a thing.
Elemental Hero Stratos was a good hit for the simple fact Plaguespreader Zombie and Mezuki went to 2 and they got another E - Emergency Call. Stratos was easily and constantly abused by HERO decks running it. Limiting it was a good idea.
Number 16: Shock Master getting banned is a bit of a surprise. With Konami attempting to slow down the format again, it only makes sense to ban it. Limiting it solves nothing, as people ran it at 1 in the Extra deck if they ran it anyway. This card can stall your opponent for 3 turns potentially. Good hit.
Card Destruction was banned, not because of Dark World as they do nothing at all, but because of Dragon Ruler abusing it with Super Rejuvenation. This card is another way for the format to speed up and that is not what Konami is looking for. They want to slow down the format a bit more.
Gateway of the Six is being banned for the reason of slowing down the format, not because of how derpy it is. We all understand how good the card is, but that isn't why they banned it. Think about it. What have Six Samurai done in major events at all lately? Next to nothing. So the obvious reason is because of the format slowing down. Otherwise, Six Samurai would be all over the place. Samurai are not dead, but only slowed down more and not as fast paced. Don't believe me? See the Sarhan vs McCray duel on YouTube from YCS Dallas back when Macro Rabbit was the thing to play. No Gateway and still won.
Heavy Storm was banned for the reason of slowing the format down. Heavy was clearing out backrow left and right with little to no problem. Decks weren't running much backrow when using Heavy, such as Dragon Ruler. Due to this, they had to hit many staples as well. Otherwise people would set cards all day and not care about your Mystical Space Typhoon and Night Beam.
Monster Reborn is an epic game-changer. I can understand the fact that slowing the format down and making the format not so derpy is why this card is banned. I enjoy having this card in my deck but now i think Call Of The Haunted could possibly see some more play now.
Pot of Avarice is being banned due to slowing the format down now that plants are getting more support, Mermails aren't hit hard at all, etc. I called it too by the way haha. Also, Konami is printing Pot of Duplicity which is similar to Avarice, but has a draw back and a slight change in the effect. Makes sense.
Spellbook of Judgment is being banned for how derpy it made Prophecy. I honestly feel they could have taken a different route to this but because of Blue-Eyed Prophecy all over OCG, they don't want something derpy like that here. It will be interesting as to how spellbook players will recover from this. I do know this, Prophecy is not dead yet!
Super Rejuvenation is being banned for the sake of the format. Dragon Ruler Plant will be the new thing which means they can still discard for effects, just no minis. So banning Super Rejuv helps out and makes sense. Not to mention certain other decks can prosper from it, like Blue-Eyes Exodia and other Dragon Decks.
Solemn Judgment being banned is very interesting. I think because of the fact that slowing the format down, there is something that needs to counteract it. Solemn Judgment is a card that helps stop many things from happening. Paying your life points is just very critical in helping your opponent but helping you at the same time. You stop something they can do, but they have less damage to inflict to you.
Ultimate Offering is a good card to ban. Redox Gadget, Constellar, Madolche, etc had many OTK plays. Again, with Konami slowing down the format
Quote :
more, Ultimate Offering is preventing that by enabling OTKs.

Quote :
Restricted:
Left Arm of the Forbidden One
Left Leg of the Forbidden One
Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Right Leg of the Forbidden One

Atlantean Dragoons (NEW)
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Spirit
(NEW)
Chaos Sorcerer
Dandylion
Dark Armed Dragon
Deep Dea Diva
(NEW)
Exodia the Forbidden One
Genex Ally Birdman
(NEW)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Honest
Inzektor Dragonfly
Inzektor Hornet
Lonefire Blossom
Morphing Jar
Necroface
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Night Assailant
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Rescue Rabbit
(NEW)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (NEW)
Evigishki Gustkraken
Evigishki Mind Augus
(NEW)
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier (NEW)
Formula Synchron
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En
T.G. Hyper Librarian

Constellar Ptolemy M7 (NEW)
Allure of Darkness
Book of Moon
Burial from a Different Dimension
Charge of the Light Brigade
Dark Hole
Dimensional Fissure
(NEW)
Foolish Burial
Gold Sarcophagus
(NEW)
Infernity Launcher
Limiter Removal
Mind Control
Monster Gate
One Day of Peace
One for One
Primal Seed
Reinforcement of the Army
Royal Tribute
(NEW)
Bottomless Trap Hole (NEW)
Ceasefire
Compulsory Evacuation Device[/color] (NEW)
Eradicator Epidemic Virus (NEW)
Macro Cosmos (NEW)
Magical Explosion
Return from the Different Dimension
Soul Drain
(NEW)
Solemn Warning
Torrential Tribute
(NEW)
The Transmigration Prophecy
Wall of Revealing Light
Atlantean Dragoons being limited is a good idea. Not only do you search with Mermail Abyssteus, Mermail Abyssmegalo, Mermail Abysspike, etc, you also search with Dragoons for ANY Sea Serpent in your deck. Typically you are adding Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord or Megalo. Now you can replace 2 Dragoons with other cards. I personally think I will try out cards like Ocea and Hilde and see how they work.
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit is limited! I'm sad because I wanted to play 3-Axis Fire Fist this format, oh well. This card is the reason for the decks existence. Rooster is a pretty derpy card, but Spirit is what is making the synchroing, the spirit next turn set-up, etc. Makes sense to limit it.
Deep Sea Diva is being limited for the fact of Mermail being so derpy with Dragoons and Diva in the deck. Now with each limited, Mermail players will have to resort to other cards by means to go off. It doesn't hurt them too badly honestly, just a little bit of an arrow to the knee.
Genex Ally Birdman is being limited...Thank you Konami! Hieratic would be even more derpy after this list, not to mention they loops Birdman causes and the OTKs he causes with Harpie and many other decks. Especially for T.G. Stun and Harpie Dancer.
Rescue Rabbit being limited is a good idea. I mean sure, Evilswarm players run 2 Rabbit along with Macro Rabbit players and those who play other decks needing Rabbit. You only really need 1 Rabbit. I'm sure you will be fine.
Thunder King Rai-Oh being limited is another way to counteract the slowign down of the format to an extent. I can agree with it. It is a very useful and annoying card. Especially with all the search cards getting unlimited.
Evigishki Mind Augus is a good hit. Only reason for that is the loops he causes. Konami doesn't take to kindly to loops.
Dewlorean, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier was ran at 1 regardless but with certain techs they could run 2. I can understand it going to 1.
Constellar Ptolemy M7 is limited for a few reasons. Hieratics would be abusing the card at 2 at least if not 3, monarchs can use it often if need be, X-Sabers can use it if need be, Constellars only really run it at 1-2 but it is still a really good card. Chaos Dragons can also abuse it at more than 1. Makes sense.
Dimensional Fissure being limited along with Macro Cosmos is interesting. It seems they are trying to keep cards in the Graveyard rather than enabling anti-meta to banish cards. I like that though.
Gold Sarcophagus deserved to get hit. The card is too good in decks involving Dragons or anything being Removed from play such as Necroface.
Royal Tribute getting limited...I'm sorry Gravekeeper's but it needed to happen. This card is just so unfair and enables decks like Dark World to go off. Though Konami could have left them alone and let them try to make a comeback.
Bottomless Trap Hole, Compulsory Evacuation Device, Torrential Tribute, Soul Drain, Eradicator Epidemic Virus, and Macro Cosmos are techs and staples in certain decks that needed to be hit if they ban Heavy Storm. Otherwise it's backrow country in this game. Now you need to deal with how to build the decks and face MST, Night Beam, etc. Even Malevolent Catastrophe can be run. Eradicator can be a very annoying card as well.

Quote :
Semi-Restricted:
Archlord Kristya
Card Trooper
Debris Dragon
Mezuki
(NEW)
Plaguespreader Zombie (NEW)
Reborn Tengu
Summoner Monk
T.G. Striker
(NEW)
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Tragoedia

Chain Strike
Fire Formation - Tenki
(NEW)
Magical Stone Excavation
Dimensional Prison (NEW)
Mirror Force
Ojama Trio
Mezuki and Plaguespreader Zombie I think were a good few to semi-limit from being limited. Vampire Zombies will improve drastically now because of this. Very well way to promote them.
T.G. Striker to 2....that would be better if The Agent of Mystery - Earth didn't go to 3...T.G. Agents, T.G. Stun, etc will be a thing again. But I suppose I can learn to accept it.
Fire Formation - Tenki I think was a good hit but I would prefer Fire Formation - Tensu for the simple fact Tenki searches but Tensu allows the extra Normal Summon. But Konami is Konami.
Dimensional Prison being semi-limited goes along with Mirror Force. It is a good attack hate, but now with certain cards limited, it's possible to see more play.

Quote :
Newly Unrestricted:
Destiny Hero - Malicious
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Tsukuyomi

A Hero Lives
Black Whirlwind
E - Emergency Call
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Pot of Duality
Scapegoat
Destiny Hero - Malicious to 3 is not much of a threat to me personally but we will see this format.
The Agent of Mystery - Earth being unlimited is fine, but now that T.G. Striker is also going to 2, I don't know anymore. Agents anyone?
Tsukuyomi is fine at 3, it is used to side against certain decks and helps promote spirit support coming out in Shadow Specters.
A Hero Lives and E - Emergency Call to 3 is good with the ban of Stratos. I think HERO have a good chance even without Stratos to prove something.
Black Whirlwind to 3 is odd. I thought they'd put it to 2, but instead they put it to 3. Very interesting what Blackwing will do this format. All that is left limited at all is Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind now.
Hieratic Seal of Convocation to 3 is acceptable with certain other cards hit so they aren't broken at least.
Pot of Duality... So I heard you miss Chain burn, Final Countdown, and Exodia. So we unlimit duality for that purpose to feed what you missed. I suppose it is good to help add consistency with certain cards going away.
Scapegoat to 3...Plasma Lockdown anyone? This can be very useful for Mecha Phantom Beast and many other decks. I'm very interested how this will turn out.
Back to top Go down
https://ragnarokturboacademy.forumotion.com

Official TCG September 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013 Ban List
Page 1 of 1