Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? Empty
PostSubject: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Just want to post the latest update on September's list and quite possibly for TCG aswell... source with picture: @YGOrganization.com

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Chaos Sorcerer (カオス・ソーサラー)
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)
Fire Formation – Tenki (炎舞-「天璣」)

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Reasoning (名推理)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)
Back to top Go down
Rymander

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Honestly, This list looks good. But some things just don't make sense.
Why switch shark and magician?
Why put gorz and mole to 2?
and with chaos sorcerer to 2, Chaos decks will get better.
Blah. So much to say but not enough typing strength D:
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Rymander wrote:
Hey Rymander, i see the list being a more goo dlist in powering down the top tier decks of the current format but a bit confused on some changes aswell...

My Thoughts:
- Mole is a slow play card and most only would use one anyways despite its good effect to counter exta monsters.
- Gorz to 2 and MForce to 3 makes attacking quite hard but also extends gameplay... will have to see how that works out.
- Trishula i'm a bit worried with it being a strong monster and good effect since water can probably bring that out easy. Konami did take precautions by limiting some mermail cards.
- i'm thinking wind-ups are more balanced with the magican shark ratio in theory... but still to be seen IRL...
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:39 am

Entr0py wrote:
Rymander wrote:
Hey Rymander, i see the list being a more goo dlist in powering down the top tier decks of the current format but a bit confused on some changes aswell...

My Thoughts:
- Mole is a slow play card and most only would use one anyways despite its good effect to counter exta monsters.
- Gorz to 2 and MForce to 3 makes attacking quite hard but also extends gameplay... will have to see how that works out.
- Trishula i'm a bit worried with it being a strong monster and good effect since water can probably bring that out easy. Konami did take precautions by limiting some mermail cards.
- i'm thinking wind-ups are more balanced with the magican shark ratio in theory... but still to be seen IRL...
If I might throw in my two cents~
- Shark is the problem card for Windups plain and simple. It's the card that lets the deck get off so many combos and thus they switched that with Magician. Magician was never the problem.
- I believe the double Gorz and tripple Mirror Force was to help slow down the game and to help players who might suddenly get bombarded with big attackers. Just a thought.
- The Chaos Sorcerer limit was originally put in place because of Prophecies, but they don't really go for big monsters anymore. Also, two new chaos support cards are being released soon and Konami LOVES to promote their new stuff.
- In all honesty, Trish was the only synchro on the ban list I thought that could make a return and it did. Yeah it's a big boss monster, but there are plenty of counters against it.

Personally, I'm really happy with the list because it's taking away power from the Big 2. Evilswarms could prove problematic, but I think Mermails and Fire Fists can still contend against them. I'm currently testing out a Gladiator Beast deck utilizing Fire Fist support and it's working out pretty well so far. Also trying out Super Defense Robo Machina as well.
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
Rymander

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Nobody takes Bujins into consideration anymore lol.
Bujins are AMAZING. I myself am running them and i never lose to meta.
When this banlist comes out, bujins will reign Very Happy
Also Water:
Deep sea diva Summon marksman marksman attack summon dragoons sync for trish. Done. That easy.
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:56 am

Rymander wrote:
Nobody takes Bujins into consideration anymore lol.
Bujins are AMAZING. I myself am running them and i never lose to meta.
When this banlist comes out, bujins will reign Very Happy
Also Water:
Deep sea diva Summon marksman marksman attack summon dragoons sync for trish. Done. That easy.
Bujins have potential, but they don't have a lot of support right now and you're in trouble if you don't get Yamato out within the first two turns.
As for Mermails making Trishula easy, you essentially said how many steps it actually takes to get it out:
1 - summon Diva, 2 - use Diva effect, 3 - summon Marksman, 4- attack with Marksman, 5 - use Marksman effect, 6 - summon Dragoons, 7 - Sync for Trish.
Break any link in that chain and you've got no Trish. With hand traps still reigning supreme, attack negation options increasing, and summon/effect hate Trish is going to have a hard time.
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:17 pm

OMFG I AM SO COMING THE F*** BACK!!!! OMFG TRISHULA IS BACK!!! MIRROR FORCE UNLIMITED!! BLACK WHIRLWIND AT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMOMGMOGMOGMOGOMMOGOMGOMGMOGMOGOMMOGMGGGGGGGG GUYS I WILL BLOW SO MUCH MONEY IF THIS LIST GOES FOR TCG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 am

Quanrocks11 wrote:
OMFG I AM SO COMING THE F*** BACK!!!! OMFG TRISHULA IS BACK!!! MIRROR FORCE UNLIMITED!! BLACK WHIRLWIND AT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMOMGMOGMOGMOGOMMOGOMGOMGMOGMOGOMMOGMGGGGGGGG GUYS I WILL BLOW SO MUCH MONEY IF THIS LIST GOES FOR TCG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
New changes... quan, whirlwind to 3 Very Happy

And here it is...the true September list... had some surprising additions Very Happy
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Last edited by Entr0py on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm

dang .-. i only ordered 1 ww. OMFG 3 WWS I AM SO COMING BCK
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm

GG no heavy storm to stahp me .-. but raioh at 1 mahn. that means running BLS and chaos sorcerer will be useless now
Back to top Go down
Obsidian Shi En
Chancellor
Obsidian Shi En

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 am

Entr0py wrote:
Quanrocks11 wrote:

And here it is...the true September list... had some surprising additions Very Happy
OCG and TCG have 2 different lists and we will be getting a new format January 1st, 2014, May 1st, 2014, & then September 1st, 2014 and so on.
Back to top Go down
https://ragnarokturboacademy.forumotion.com
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Obsidian Shi En wrote:
Entr0py wrote:
Quanrocks11 wrote:

OCG and TCG have 2 different lists and we will be getting a new format January 1st, 2014, May 1st, 2014, & then September 1st, 2014 and so on.
I'm glad to know they only resorted to 3 format change a year... I thought 4 was a bit too much and 2 was ok but was still a bit long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?   September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

September 2013 OCG List... TCG aswell?!?
Page 1 of 1