Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" Empty
PostSubject: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:58 am

Hello RTA, its been a month since we completed the POT Event so I think it'd be good to stir things up again with another challenge. Currently revising the rules along with the sign-up list for our new game. If enough people join then we will proceed with the game otherwise it will be cancelled. Comments and ideas are welcome... will probably repost a duplicate in DN unofficial tournament forum to see if we could get more players involved... just want to see what you guys think first....

===================================================

=== RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" ===

- Start of Event Dueling Date: Pending Until Sign-Ups Filled (2 week run)
- March 1: Current Advanced List TCG Format.
- A match consists of best 2 out of 3 duels.
- All matches to be held in Dueling Network (Unrated).
- Timezone Converter: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/
- YGO Card Search Engine: http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/card_search.action
- Challenges cannot be denied. 48 hour challenge rule apply (Meaning: if a challenge has been issued, and the one being challenged has been inactive or has not responded to the challenge in this forum within 48 hours, the challenger will get that match win and his soul card).
- No deck list needs to be submitted.
- All duel transaction updates are to be posted in this forum.
- Any other suggestions, comments, questions simply post below and I will reply accordingly. I'm mostly available online under RTA chat during the weekday.
- Dueling Network Forum MIrror Copy: http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/79570-rta-duel-challenge-soul-game-rtasg/
- To be fair NO DRAGON RULER, JUDGEMENT PROPHECY and MERMAIL Decks Please.

- The game will be a combination of a gauntlet and a war crossfire, a single elimination tournament with an RPG feel. There will be two uneven divisions: the good side and the evil side. The Evil side will consist of only 4 members (max) and the rest will be part of the Good side (max 6). Good and Evil will challenge in a crossfire until one side is fully eliminated (single-elimination).
- The Plot: As our story goes, four mysterious presense have appeared (the evil ones) and started hunting souls for an unknown purpose. With duelist disappearing and gone missing, other duelists, knowing they could be the next target banded together in an attempt to stop this madness... and so the soul game begins!

Definition:

* SOUL CARD: a face-up monster than can only be normal summoned from the s/t zone and returns from the field to the s/t zone at the end phase of a turn. A Duelist's chosen Soul Card cannot change throughout the challenge.
* CAPTURED SOUL: soul cards of previously defeated opponents than can be normal summoned from the s/t zone but sent from the field to the grave during the end phase.
* Xyz/Synchro/Fusion/Ritual SOUL: summon that involves the soul card in the process that then becomes the new Soul Card of the duelist.

Additional Game Rule/Format:

- Main decks needs to be 40 cards minimum ( Soul Card any additional Captured Souls)
- At the beginning of each match each player will start with the standard 5 cards in-hand with the additional Soul Card to be placed face-up on their s/t zone (from hand or deck). Any Captured Soul will also be placed in the s/t zone. (If the soul card or captured soul was drawn pre-match, place it in the s/t zone then draw a replacement card for each)
- A Soul Card can be used like a 'spirit monster' that can only be normal summoned and returns to the s/t zone at the end of each turn (unless used as a xyz material in which the Xyz monster then becomes the new Soul Card that stays on the field as with any fusion and synchro summoned monsters involving the soul card). Unlike Soul Cards, normal summoned Captured Souls that goes to the grave never to be used again. Duelist, Soul Card and Captured Souls will be kept track in the table below. If a player's Soul Card (or Xyz Soul Card) is sent to the graveyard or banished by the opponent, that duelist then loses the duel. Soul Card to be returned to hand or deck is returned to the s/t zone instead. The Soul Card and Captured Souls are unaffected by any effect while in the s/t zone and counts as one of the s/t zones each.
- Eliminated duelist that loses a duel forfeits their Soul Card to the other player to be added in their main deck as a Captured Soul. Good can choose not to take a soul card and just set it free.

=== Sign-Up: =============

(i.e.)
Username: Pikachu [DN: Pikachu]
Soul Card: (Chosen Monster that can be Normal Summoned.)
Side: Good or Bad?
Timezone: EST
Availability to Duel: Weeknights 6pm-12am

=== Participants: ===========

Evil Side:
(1.) Skull Servant (DN: ScrubbingUp) - Flamvell Firedog [GMT]
(2.) ...
(3.) ...
(4.) ...

Good Side:
(1.) Codnight (DN: Codknight) - Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus [GMT+5]
(2.) ...
(3.) ...
(4.) ...
(5.) ...
(6.) ...

=======================

GMT = GMT 0
GMT = EST 5; EST = GMT-5
GMT = CST 6; CST = GMT-6

=======================

::: Challenge Log Updates :::
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by Entr0py on Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Username: Skull Servant (DN: ScrubbingUp)
Soul Card: Flamvell Firedog
Side: Evil Twisted Evil
Timezone: GMT
Availability to Duel:Weeknights: 6pm-10pm Weekends: Generally Flexible

Interested to see what happens, hopefully I'll do a little bit better than my poor performance in Power of Three Laughing
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Interesting... very similar to the Noah Kaiba arc. I'm going to have to think this through on what kind of deck I would want to run. Also, does the normal summon of the soul card count as the one normal summon you get per turn or no?
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:51 am

axelablaze wrote:
Interesting... very similar to the Noah Kaiba arc. I'm going to have to think this through on what kind of deck I would want to run. Also, does the normal summon of the soul card count as the one normal summon you get per turn or no?

Yes, the normal summon of a soul would count towards the 1 normal summon per turn. It would be a high risk high reward to summon your soul monster but it is not necessary as a win condition.
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:02 am

Going off of that, if your soul monster requires tribute(s) or some other requirement to normal summon it would you need to do that each time in order to get it out of the s/t card zone? For example, if Caius is your soul card do you need a tribute each time in order to summon it?

Also, if your soul card has an effect that activates every time it is summoned does it keep happening every time you bring it out? Using Elemental Hero Stratos as an example, would you get to search or pop a card or cards every time you bring it out?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to clarify things in order to pick the right deck and soul card for the job.
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:18 am

axelablaze wrote:
Going off of that, if your soul monster requires tribute(s) or some other requirement to normal summon it would you need to do that each time in order to get it out of the s/t card zone? For example, if Caius is your soul card do you need a tribute each time in order to summon it?

Also, if your soul card has an effect that activates every time it is summoned does it keep happening every time you bring it out? Using Elemental Hero Stratos as an example, would you get to search or pop a card or cards every time you bring it out?

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to clarify things in order to pick the right deck and soul card for the job.

Hey axel, no problem, ask away... YES, high level monsters will need a tribute each time as you would normally bring it out and YES a normal effect would occur each time you normal summon a soul card if that is the case... but do remember if your soul card gets destroyed, banished or sent to the grave by your opponent, you would automatically lose the duel (not match).
Back to top Go down
Codknight
Teacher
Codknight

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:32 am

Hmm, I'm going to play a cheap move and use Crystal Beasts

Username: Codnight (DN: Codknight)
Soul Card: Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus
Side: Good(ish)
Timezone: EST (GMT+5)
Availability to Duel: It's summer, 10am-3am

Question, Effects do effects like Pegasus activate every time it returns to the field? (When normal or special summoned you can place 1 CB in your S/T zone)
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 8:21 am

Codknight wrote:

Question, Effects do effects like Pegasus activate every time it returns to the field? (When normal or special summoned you can place 1 CB in your S/T zone)

Good choice of theme Codknight... and YES if your soul monster has an effect that activates when its normal summoned then yes you would get the effect each time.
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 pm

confusing but ok. I'll enter, but first i need to know. If i use my soul cards effect, per say rescue rabbits effect, or some other effect that tributes or banishes the soul card, will i lose the duel? Or will it return to the s/t zone?
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 am

Quanrocks11 wrote:
confusing but ok. I'll enter, but first i need to know. If i use my soul cards effect, per say rescue rabbits effect, or some other effect that tributes or banishes the soul card, will i lose the duel? Or will it return to the s/t zone?

Hey Quan, I will try to make the rules simple...

* Your Soul Card, you can normal summon and returns to the s/t zone during your end phase.
* Soul Card returning to the deck or hand, returns to the s/t zone instead.
* Soul Card banished or sent to your grave will result in duelist losing the duel (ie rescue rabbit effect)... however
* Soul Card is used as Xyz material, the Xyz Monster becomes your new Soul Card that stays on that field (if removed from the field in any way you lose the duel)
* Soul Card used for a tribute summon, previous soul card goes to grave and the Tribute monster becomes your new Soul Card (if removed from the field in any way you lose the duel)
* Soul Card used to synchro summon, soul card goes to the grave and synchro monster becomes the new soul card (if removed from the field in any way you lose the duel)
* Soul Card cannot change control or be tributed by opponent.

... i will probably postpone this challenge and will do something more simple instead (like a yugioh character, poor man or favorite archetype tournament) just don't know which one to go with yet?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTA Duel Challenge: "Soul Game"
Page 1 of 1