Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Welcome to Ragnarok Turbo Academy. We will do our best to improve you as a duelist here, and at the same time, you also can meet new people and interact. Please register if you have not yet done so, or sign in if you already are enrolled here. Thank you for choosing Ragnarok Turbo Academy.
Ragnarok Turbo Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Academy of the Future

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to United Duel Academy. Please stay active and make a good use of the forum.
Make sure you read the academy rules here.
Make sure you introduce yourself to us here.
Do you need to get tested to be in one of the dorms? Just post a request in a new topic in the Test Requests forum here.
Do you have any suggestions to make the academy better? Just post them here.

RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" Empty
PostSubject: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Hello RTA, good to see we're actually getting new members every now and then. Not so long ago we completed an RTA war zone so now I'm issuing another challenge to anyone interested in testing out their deck building skills. Sign-up and read explanation below:

=== Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" ===

- Start of Event Dueling Date: April 17 - ??? (2 week run)
- March 1: Current Advanced List TCG Format.
- A match consists of best 2 out of 3 duels. (1 win = 1 point)
- All matches to be held in Dueling Network (Unrated).
- Timezone Converter: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/to/
- YGO Card Search Engine: http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/card_search.action
- Each Duelist can only issue a challenge to another Duelist one at a time (until resolved) and only once (and can keep challenging as long as there are other duelists available to challenge; this is to weed out anyone who is idle for long perionds of time). Forum time stamp 48 hour rule apply (meaning: no replies on a challenge is a match win for challenger, 2 points). Points will be distributed according to the total number of wins per duelist (i.e. 2 duel wins = 2 points for that match). Point distribution will be recorded in the table provided below. Duelist with the most points at the end of the challenge wins. Best of luck to all!
- Challenge Rules: As the sign-up list progress, the previous participant listed before the duelist will declare a monster card to be used in three's and to be included within his/her main deck! Last signed-up participant will declare the chosen monster for the first participant. At the end of each duel (when a player reaches 0 LP, totally decks out or a win condition has been fulfilled), the winner must prove having all three monster copies (whether they are in hand, deck, field, grave, banished or used as an Xyz material) to make each win valid or else match is void and win goes to the other player (DN photo snap shot can help here for proving validity, or simply show all three copies in the field).
- No deck list needs to be submitted.
- Last day of sign-up is April 15, Official dueling for points will begin April 17.
- All duel transaction updates are to be posted in this forum.
- Any other suggestions, comments, questions simply post below and I will reply accordingly. I'm mostly available online under RTA chat during the weekday.

- Note: Designated monster cannot be a limited, semi-limited, forbidden, be a normal or a nomi-monster (cards with text that include "cannot be (special/normal) summoned except by..."). It cannot be an Xyz, Synchro or Fusion monster.

=== Sign-Up: =============

(i.e.)
Username: Pikachu [DN: Pikachu]
Timezone: EST
Availability to Duel: Weeknights 6pm-12am

=== Participants: ===========

A. Entr0py [DN: Entr0py, EST] - Giant Kozaky
B. Axelablaze [DN:Axelablaze, CST] - Volcanic Shell
C. Skull Servant [DN: ScrubbingUp, GMT] - Papa-Corn
D. Chaos Neo [DN: Chaos Neo, CST] - Cloudian - Cirrostratus
E. Quanrocks11 [DN: quanrocks11, CST] - Alien Hunter

=======================

GMT = GMT+0
GMT = EST+5; EST = GMT-5
GMT = CST+6; CST = GMT-6

=== Point Chart: ===========

(duelist/win)

A#B2C2D2E2Entr0py Total Points: 8
A1B#C2D-E-Axelablaze Total Points: 3
A1B0C#D-E0Skull Servant Total Points: 1
A0B-C-D#E-Chaos Neo Total Points: 0
A0B-C2D-E#Quanrocks11 Total Points: 2

Last edited by Entr0py on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 62 times in total
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 am

Username: Entr0py [DN: Entr0py]
Timezone: EST
Availability to Duel: Weeknights 9pm-12am (flexible)
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 am

Interesting... I accept this challenge (so I can make up for last time XD )

Username: axelablaze (same on DN)
Timezone: CST
Availability to Duel: Weeknights 9pm-12am, Weekend nights (also flexible)

So what exactly happens at this point?
Back to top Go down
http://axelablaze.tumblr.com
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 am

Username: Skull Servant (DN: ScrubbingUp)
Timezone: GMT
Availability to Duel: Weeknights: 5pm-10pm (GMT) (12pm - 5pm ET) Weekends: Generally Flexible.

Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 am

welcome to power of three challenge axel and skull. good seeing you participating again axel. now unto axel's question...

axelablaze wrote:
Axelablaze: At this point I designate you a monster to be used in three in your main deck (not to be sided out). From there you can do several things:

- Just add those three monsters in any random deck and go from there...
- Build a deck around those monster(s) that maximizes their potential...
- Build a deck that will compensate for their weak points...
- Include those monsters in a deck that can work well with them in it.

And knowing you as a power player from our previous encounter, i decided to give you the opposite this time - Volcanic Shell Very Happy

You are now then to give Skull Servant his designated monster.

Skull Servant: When the next participant signs-up, you will then give him/her your choice of monster for his deck Smile

Last day of sign-up is April 16, Official dueling for points will begin April 17.

Last edited by Entr0py on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:49 am

Entr0py wrote:
welcome to power of three challenge axel and skull. good seeing you participating again axel. now unto axel's question...

axelablaze wrote:
Axelablaze: At this point I designate you a monster to be used in three in your main deck (not to be sided out). From there you can do several things:

- Just add those three monsters in any random deck and go from there...
- Build a deck around those monster(s) that maximizes their potential...
- Build a deck that will compensate for their weak points...
- Include those monsters in a deck that can work well with them n it.

And knowing you as a power player from our previous encounter, i decided to give you the opposite this time - Volcanic Shell Very Happy

You are now then to give Skull Servant his designated monster.

Skull Servant: When the next participant signs-up, you will then give him/her your choice of monster for his deck Smile

Last day of sign-up is April 16, Official dueling for points will begin April 17.
This should be a very interesting test of my limited deck-building skills, I hope I get a solid monster to build my deck around!
-SS
Back to top Go down
Chaos Neo
Administrator
Chaos Neo

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:07 am

Username: Chaos Neo [DN] - Chaos Neo
Availability to Duel: Weeknights 6pm-10pm
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 am

Welcome Chaos Neo to another RTA challenge!... Axelablaze and Skull Servant, please designate a monster (axel: a monster for skull, and skull: a mosnter for chaos) Very Happy

skull: i do hope you do get a monster that would fit your style of play. axel holds your chosen monster's fate.
Back to top Go down
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 am

Entr0py wrote:
Welcome Chaos Neo to another RTA challenge!... Axelablaze and Skull Servant, please designate a monster (axel: a monster for skull, and skull: a mosnter for chaos) Very Happy

skull: i do hope you do get a monster that would fit your style of play. axel holds your chosen monster's fate.
I've always found this archetype fun, and often effective, so Chaos's designated monster will be Cloudian: Smoke Ball!
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Skull Servant wrote:
Entr0py wrote:

I've always found this archetype fun, and often effective, so Chaos's designated monster will be Cloudian: Smoke Ball!

LOL, i love cloudians Very Happy... Hey skull, smoke ball is a normal monster give him one of the effect monsters (see note in original post) ;p
Back to top Go down
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Entr0py wrote:
Skull Servant wrote:
Entr0py wrote:

LOL, i love cloudians Very Happy... Hey skull, smoke ball is a normal monster give him one of the effect monsters (see note in original post) ;p
Cloudian - Cirrostratus it is then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm

good choice skull! for a while was thinking you'd pick out turbulence or nimbusman Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven I revised the challenge ruling to make it more clear: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

"At the end of each duel (when a player reaches 0 LP, totally decks out or a win condition has been fulfilled), the winner must prove having all three monster copies (whether they are in hand, deck, field, grave, banished or used as an Xyz material) to make each win valid or else match is void and win goes to the other player (DN photo snap shot can help here for proving validity, or simply show all three copies in the field)." scratch
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Username: quanrocks11 [DN: quanrocks11]
Availability to Duel: Weekdays 4-7 Weekends 9-8 on saturday 12-6 on sunday. (Times may vary)
Back to top Go down
Chaos Neo
Administrator
Chaos Neo

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Quan, I choose Alien Hunter for you
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Nice pick chaos, aliens are actually quite powerful in a slow format, but alien hunter is usually one of my last picks in an alien deck monster line-up. should be interesting to see Quan take it on.
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Alright, Skull. My card for you is Papa-Corn.
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 pm

axelablaze wrote:
Alright, Skull. My card for you is Papa-Corn.

Can't stop laughing... skull you get the mighty Papa-Corn Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Challenge Update: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I moved the last day to sign-up Monday the 15th (till 11:59pm CST), so being the first participant i could at least have a day to prepare my deck... and the last participant to decide and give me my designated card.
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Ok entropy. Your monster is... GIANT KOZAKY!!!
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm

wow, quan, really tough monster you got there for me... if no one else joins by Monday i will use "giant kozaky" as my designated monster.
Back to top Go down
Quanrocks11
Teacher
Quanrocks11

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Lol. Knowing you, you'll probably find some way to abuse it XD I don't think you can do much with giant kozaky though, so good luck building a deck around that! Should be interesting Razz
Back to top Go down
axelablaze

axelablaze

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I know EXACTLY what I would do with Giant Kozaky, but I want to see if Entr0py is thinking the same way I am...
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 6:13 pm

axelablaze wrote:
I know EXACTLY what I would do with Giant Kozaky, but I want to see if Entr0py is thinking the same way I am...

hey axel, giant kozaky is a tricky monster in that its effect needs his mini version or else it will self destruct and immediately burn the current controlling player... that would be where i would start my assessment if i do get stuck with him... there is that one simple counter solution to it (just to see if axel gets my drift and has the same thing in mind), but the question remains is it truly worth the burn a player would get especially with all the current hate going around ;p

but still, all the monster listed (are nowhere near broken status and will) requires some thought to use... so i'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is cooking up in their deck building process... i'm looking forward to seeing all your builds and how they work... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 am

participants are all set with their designated monsters... wishing you all the best of luck (and skill) in your duels Smile
Back to top Go down
Entr0py
Teacher
Entr0py

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Hey all POT participants, I will be online this evening to anyone who wants to challenge me and my Giant Kozakies Very Happy

7-midnight EST... just find me here in RTA forum/chat... DN network or send me a PM... i look forward to seeing what you all have in store!

GMT (5 hours ahead of EST)
CST (1 hour behind EST)

my first challenge issue goes to Quanrocks11... but i'm open to dueling whomever is available later aswell ;p
Back to top Go down
Skull Servant

Skull Servant

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey guys, I'm really looking forward to seeing how you've developed your decks, as I am completely unsure on how mine will stack up against the other decks in the competition. In terms of avaliability, I am free tomorrow and Friday between 12pm EST and 6pm EST, and on the weekend I should be free from 6am EST to 6pm EST, approximately (I am doing nothing this weekend haha!). My first challenge is to axelablaze, seeing as he set me Papa-Corn to use in the first place!

- Skull Servant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"   RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTA Duel Challenge: "Power of Three"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next